At Roydon Primary School, we recognise each child as an individual, and aim to give all children every opportunity to realise their full potential. We believe that a close partnership between the school, parents and the child is essential if we are to achieve this aim. We therefore ask all parents and children to sign up to our Home/School Agreement.
The school will:
- provide a secure, happy and stimulating learning environment;
- provide a broad, balanced and exciting curriculum that challenges your child to reach their potential;
- encourage your child to show friendship and respect for others, and to abide by the school behaviour policy, ensuring a safe, caring environment for all;
- keep you informed about your child’s progress and behaviour, as well as their termly curriculum;
- set regular and appropriate homework for your child;
- make you feel welcome whenever you visit the school and respond to your questions or concerns as quickly as possible;
- allow children safe and secure use of the internet through a combination of site-filtering, supervision and by fostering a responsible attitude in all pupils, in partnership with parents.
The family will:
- having chosen Roydon Primary School for your child, accept the school’s aims (see below) and positively support the school;
- ensure that your child attends school every day during term time, unless there is a good reason for absence (e.g. illness), and notify the school in the event of absence;
- follow guidance about the length of time a child needs to be absent from school if they are unwell;
- support the school’s policies and guidelines on learning, behaviour and uniform, both in school and at home;
- attend parent/teacher meetings to discuss your child’s progress;
- support your child with homework that is set, including writing comments in the reading record about the child’s reading at home;
- keep us informed of how to contact you in case of emergency;
- promptly inform the school of any concerns or problems that may affect your child’s learning, behaviour or happiness;
- support school in the teaching of safe and secure internet use at home.
The child will:
- do all class work and homework as well as I can, asking questions when I don’t understand;
- be respectful towards others and behave in a safe and responsible way;
- allow and support others to learn and to complete their work;
- be kind, helpful and forgiving;
- be honest;
- use the internet safely as I have been taught in class.
Together we will:
- address any additional needs;
- encourage our children to keep the school rules, staying safe and enjoying learning;
- support each child’s learning to help them achieve their best.
At Roydon Primary School, we aim to ensure that all our pupils can enjoy the benefits of their community while making a full contribution to it. Working in partnership with parents, we will enable the children to develop independence, self-discipline, respect for others and a love of learning in a supportive and caring environment. Children will be well-prepared to benefit from the next stage of their education.
In their day to day school life, the children will learn to:
- communicate with people in a wide variety of ways;
- develop self-awareness and an understanding of the need to care for their minds and bodies;
- be creative and to appreciate the creativity of others;
- understand their immediate environment and the influences upon it;
- interpret personal experiences and to consider the meaning and value of life.
Parents are asked to discuss the home-school agreement with their child and to confirm below.